Youth@Work - This is the United States Equal Employment
Opportunity Commission's (EEOC) website for youth in the workforce.
The EEOC's goal is to eliminate illegal discrimination from the
workplace for all workers.
Youth Rules! - The resources on this web site will help
you understand what hours you can work, what jobs you can work and how you can help prevent workplace injuries.
US Department of Labor - This site provides safety and health information for young workers. It answers questions
often asked by the working teen.
Young Workers - Their
goal is to help prevent California's young workers from being injured
or killed on the job.
laws noted at this site are specific to California.
1. Check out our short video on how to interview efficiently!
2. Research the company and their website. Make sure you know their key
facts! (Ex: mission, values, recent news articles)
3. Bring a notepad, pen and resume to take notes and ask prepared
questions to show that you're interested
4. Show up at least 5 minutes early, slightly over-dressed
5. Have good eye contact and smile, don't do anything to seem bored or
6. Thank your interviewer with a firm handshake and a follow-up email